We're trading FibreTron on Saturday 24 July at Hamilton Gardens and are not able to process orders and so we've decided to close the shop. We will aim to reopen on early next week. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime. We will respond to emails on our return. Check out our Events page to find more details of the events.
A5 Printed Pattern Booklet
Otira Cardigan is so easy to wear. Pop her on with your favourite jeans or dress her up with a gorgeous dress and heels for a night on the town. The waterfall front opening drapes so beautifully that you don’t need to add buttons, but if you like to do your cardigans up, you could easily add a wee button at each corner of the waterfall and wear her ballet cardigan style.
The striking hem detail is where Otira Cardigan gets her name. It reminds me of the girders on all the bridges as we thread our way precariously through the Otira Gorge, in New Zealand’s South Island. You will be working top down, using the contiguous sleeve method developed by Susie Myers, SusieM on Ravelry http://ravelry.com/people/SusieM
Sizes are measured by upper bust circumference.
XS – 76 cm / 30 in
S – 86 cm / 34 in
M – 97 cm / 38 in
L – 107 cm / 42 in
XL – 117 cm / 46 in
XXL – 127 cm / 50 in
XXXL – 137 cm / 54 in
XXXXL – 147 cm / 58 in.
– 3 (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5) skeins Harnie Hoolies Designs Silky Bah Lamb 4 ply yarn (350m/383yd per 100g)*
– 3.25 mm (US 3) circular knitting needle**
– 3.5 mm (US 4) circular knitting needle**
– 4 stitch markers (plus extras if you’d like to use them throughout the textured hem panel - there are no instructions for this, so use them at your own discretion)
– waste yarn for your sleeve sts
– darning needle.
* Always make sure that your gauge matches the pattern as we all knit at different gauges — especially if you’re substituting yarn. The sample used approx 365 g of Harnie Hoolies Designs Silky Bah Lamb, Shark Week colourway and is size M. If substituting yarn, use approx 1190 (1330, 1440, 1530, 1700, 1820, 1980, 2100) m / 1300 (1460, 1580, 1670, 1860, 1990, 2170, 2300) yd fingering weight (4ply) yarn.
** Or needles that will allow you to achieve correct gauge.
26 sts x 35 rows = 10 x 10cm (4 x 4in), on 3.5mm (US 4) needles, blocked and rested.
Finished bust sizes
81 (91, 102, 112, 122, 132, 142, 152) cm / 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60) in.